Q2 2018 Leading Products
The Leading Products Guide provides a snapshot of CME Group's top futures and options contracts by average daily volume and open interest across Interest Rates, Equity Index, Foreign Exchange (FX), Agricultural Commodities, Energy and Metals. This resource also highlights information on recent product launches and global partnership data.
- Interest Rates - Treasury futures and options averaged nearly 5M contracts/day in Q2, +23 percent YoY
- Equity Index - BTIC on E-mini S&P futures surpassed 32K ADV in Q2 2018, +250 percent vs Q2 2017
- FX - Futures and options reached $111.2B ADV in notional (1.1M contracts), up 29.2 percent YoY
- Agriculture - Ag complex reached all-time record volume of over 3.1M contracts on June 19, record open interest of over 10M contracts on June 21
- Energy - WTI futures reached a record of over 2.71M open interest contracts on May 16
- Metals - June saw record monthly volume for COMEX Copper futures, reaching 172K ADV, up 65 percent YoY
All data as of Q2 2018 unless otherwise specified
If you would like further information, please contact CME Group.