Kolkata: Operations Analyst
G. H. Financials Limited has 30 years of experience in clearing listed derivatives. Our business was founded in 1993 to support traders in London. Today, we service clients around the globe. With our head office in London, which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), and subsidiary offices in Chicago (G. H. Financials LLC), Hong Kong (G. H. Financials (HK) Ltd) and GHF Info Services Private Limited. Our integrated all time-zones approach ensures that our clients experience a bespoke service and recognise us as a service provider of choice in the global listed derivatives community. We have more than 60 employees working globally for regulated entities.
The role of the operations analyst is to follow the checks and procedures that are established by the management for the clearing and settlements department.
To assist with the start-up of all operations systems. Liaise with HK and London teams with a comprehensive handover and ownership of tasks completed / completing.
The role reports directly to Head of Operations.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Check that all operation. systems (Backoffice, middle office, Rec’s, Exchange Guis are up and running;
- check the previous night EOD was successful and liaise with ION/Head of Operations if any issues;
- check the middle office trade flow is as expected and perform any action required;
- liaise with SGX clearers that no outstanding business is awaiting acceptance;
- perform Start of Day position checks, matching front end platforms versus client backoffice system, resolving breaks with clients and trading platforms;
- start the reconciliations for T+1 cleared business between Exchanges, Third Party brokers and internal booking system;
- rectify T+1 breaks on all markets liaising with front, middle and back offices worldwide in a timely fashion;
- to perform daily/monthly exchange fee reconciliations across all markets to ensure GHF and underlying clients are charged at correct rates;
- reconciliation of Mifid and Emir regulatory transactions;
- check regulatory reporting files have submitted successfully; and
- any other tasks which may be designated by the head of operations in line with the roles progression.
- Good reconciliation capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Maintain effective oral and written communication.
- Moderate to advanced Excel skills necessary.
- Ability to adapt systems knowledge, and learn new systems in a short time period.
- Good presentation skills to present any ideas or improvements in a clear manner.
- Able to manage and organise work independently.
Markets Cleared (including, but not limited to)
BMF, CBOT, CME, COMEX, DME, ENX-Amsterdam-Equity, ENX-Paris, ENX-Paris-Equity, EUREX, HKFE, ICE-EU, ICE-CAN, ICE-US, IDEM, IFLL, IFLX, KLSE, LIFFE, LIFFE-EQUITY, ME, MGE, NLX, NYMEX, OCC (CFE), OSE, SFE, SGX, TFX, TOCOM, TSE.
Systems Used (including, but not limited to)
Crystal recs, Seals, Eclipse, System Manager, GBDS, Teo, ICE PTMS, ICE ACT, ICE ECS, CME FEC, CME FEC+, CME EREP, CCW, Stellar, TT, CQG, Unavista, various sFTP programs, full office suite.
Communication and Impact
The ability to use a variety of communication approaches that are effective, appropriate and influential.
- Communicates openly with others, shares information, ideas and feelings, adds value
- Communication is logical and well structured
- Varies tone, pace and volume to keep attention of others
- Gains support from others for own ideas, is inclusive
- Tailors approach to audience – addresses their issues and concerns
- Is clear and concise
- Actively listens to others
The ability to understand clients, both internal and external, as well as shareholders and other key stakeholders.
- Understands the importance of delivering excellent service to clients and stakeholders
- Responds positively to requests for help and support
- Co-operates with others to achieve success
- Strives to be the best – is energetic with a passion for excellence
- Driven to introduce improvements to the way things are done
Achievement and Drive
The drive to achieve challenging organisational goals.
- Displays self-belief and commitment
- Displays an enthusiastic positive “can do“ attitude, is results driven
- Driven to achieve challenging organisational goals and objectives
- Takes the initiative
- Constantly looking for situations offering learning opportunities
- Is open to direction, guidance and assistance from others
- Is passionate about succeeding and has energy and vigour to succeed
- Is decisive
The ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with others to achieve a common goal.
- Builds rapport within a group
- Seeks out and values the opinions of others, shows respect
- Plays a full part in the team, both at departmental and organisation level
- Gets on easily with people – generates an easy rapport with others at all levels
- Demonstrates the willingness to be responsible for own area of a task within the team
Strives to ensure that the organisational goals are achieved professionally through honesty and integrity and trust.
- Acts professionally in all dealings with clients colleagues and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates reliability and consistency that gains trust of others
- Demonstrates compliant behaviour appropriate for a regulated organisation
- Acts proactively to identify issues and contribute to solutions.
If you would like apply for this role, please do so via LinkedIn: