Kolkata: Accounts Assistant
This position has now been filled, please see our careers page for our current opportunities.
G. H. Financials Limited (the “Company”) has 30 years of experience in clearing listed derivatives. Our business was founded in 1993 to support traders in London. Today, we service clients around the globe. With our head office in London, which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), and subsidiary offices in Chicago and Hong Kong, our integrated all time zones approach ensures that our clients experience a bespoke service and recognise us as the service provider of choice in the global listed derivatives community.
This role of Accounts Assistant has responsibility for assisting in all financial control activity in respect of the GH Financials Group (‘GHF’).
To assist in all aspects of financial control including playing a part in the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial information and reporting for GHF.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to Assistant Finance Manager
- Preparing the daily trading volumes spreadsheet;
- Preparing the daily cashbooks;
- Preparing and sending out the daily liquidity snapshot;
- Managing the full Accounts Payable process;
- Posting the daily Eclipse journal;
- Collation of daily broker statements for reconciliation
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations;
- Completing monthly credit card reconciliations;
- Assisting with month end tasks (accruals, prepayments, issuing sales invoices and B/S recs);
- Maintain and develop treasury control including administration of HSBCnet, Barclays.net, CIBC and Harris bank online payment systems;
- Provide assistance as required on year end accounting and reporting;
- Participate in the weekly Finance team meetings;
- Identify and deliver ad-hoc projects that will benefit the Company; and
- Assist in the design and implementation of a global budgetary process;
- Assistance in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting;
- Prepare PSA, monthly corporation tax comp, PAYE/NI payments and associated reconciliations
- Aged debtor and aged creditor analysis and control;
- Assist in the end of day control process for all eclipse entries made to the sub nominal ledger
- Maintain strong balance sheet control through monthly reconciliation of the entire balance sheet;
- Assist and prepare monthly VAT returns for review and submission;
- Support the Group Audit process including preparation of year end file;
- Ensure all the reporting is consistent both from a financial and a presentational perspective;
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and commercial finance opportunities and ensure that any additional best practice ideas are communicated to the Financial Controller.
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be comfortable working in a standalone environment;
- Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas;
- Ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions including the ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- AAT qualified, or an individual who can demonstrate an excellent understanding of double entry book keeping;
- Demonstrates passion and approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards;
- Results focused and is committed to achieving goals;
- Strong communication skills and handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence;
- Displays integrity and is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others.
KNOWLEDGE AND FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
- Awareness of the requirements of working within a regulated business within financial services is preferred;
- Good IT awareness and knowledge with general ledger and database experience;
- Business experience of dealing with suppliers and clients;
- High level of Excel proficiency;
- Positive personal approach which gives confidence;
Communication and Impact
- Ability to communicate with your peers, managers and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing in a manner which is effective to enable you to fulfil your principal responsibilities.
- Ability to understand both internal and external client’s requirements as well as the requirements of the major shareholder and other key stakeholders.
Achievement and Drive
- Demonstrate your drive to achieve challenging organisational goals, to go that extra mile for GHF.
- Demonstrate your ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with others, to achieve a common goal.
- Show clear evidence that in meeting your principal responsibilities you have ensured that the goals are achieved professionally through honesty and integrity and trust.
If you would like apply for this role, please email G. H. Financials: email@example.com